Get big protection in a tiny chip.
EMV technology is available at Triangle Credit Union.Contact Us
Triangle Credit Union Visa® Debit Cards come with built-in chip technology. This gives you greater fraud protection when you use your card at a chip-activated terminal. Your new card is not only more secure – it’s also easy to use. Here’s what you can look forward to as a cardholder.
Enhanced fraud protection. When you use your card at a chip-activated terminal, the embedded chip generates a one-time use code. This code helps reduce in-store fraud.
Global acceptance. More merchants are accepting chip transactions every day. Whether you check out using chip technology or swipe your card, you can pay with confidence wherever Visa Debit Cards are accepted.
Easy to use. To use a chip-activated terminal where available, insert your card instead and follow these easy steps:
- Insert the chip end of your card into the terminal with the chip facing up.
- Keep your card in the terminal and follow the prompts.
- Remove your card when prompted and take your receipt.
If a merchant is not yet chip-activated, you can still swipe your card to pay.
Your chip card can be used online and over the phone, the same as it is today. Plus get cash, check your balance and more at any of our surcharge free ATMs.
♦EMV Chip Card FAQs
Read the latest guest blog from the Cooperative Credit Union Association on Six FAQs about EMV Chip Cards.
- Debit On Demand instantly issued debit card at our branches*
- 24/7 access to the Co-Op ATM Network with more than 13,000 surcharge-free ATMs
- Access to your line-of-credit loan
- Transfer funds between designated accounts
- Ability to make deposits at participating ATMs
- Purchase Rewards with Online Banking earns cash back at local and national merchants
Lost or Stolen Debit/ATM Card:
Immediately call Triangle's Audio Response Assistant (TARA) at (800) 789-TARA or (603) 889-2470 during normal business hours.
After normal business hours call (603) 889-2470
enter option 1 if you know your access code
enter option 7 if you do not know your access code
*Instant issue is not available at Triangle’s Elliot Hospital branch.