Protecting Your Identity is Important
Register for ID Protect with Better CheckingStart Your Registration
Better Checking with
IDProtect - identity theft monitoring and resolution service for you, your joint account owners, and eligible family members.
- Up to $25,000 Identity Theft Expense Reimbursement Coverage – to cover expenses associated with restoring your identity.
- Fully Managed Identity Theft Resolution Services – access to a dedicated fraud specialist assigned to manage your
case who will work with you until your identity is restored.
- Identity Theft Recovery Case Plan - to inform you of the recovery process.
Register or Login
Benefits that require Registration & Activation
- Credit File Monitoring - daily credit file monitoring and automated alerts of key changes to your Experian, Equifax and TransUnion credit reports. Credit file monitoring from Experian and TransUnion will take several days to begin following activation.
- Total Identity Monitoring – monitoring of over 1,000 databases including credit, Social Security, public records, real property records, telephone and many others.
- Receive up to $300 of Cellular Telephone Coverage to reimburse the cost of replacing or repairing your device, as an eligible account holder. This valuable protection covers you whether you are at home or abroad. Must pay bill through Triangle CU Better Checking Account.
- 3-in-1 Credit Report – request a new 3-in-1 report every 90 days or upon receipt of credit alert.
- Credit Score - receive a new single bureau credit score with every new credit report. Credit Score is a VantageScore 3.0 based on Equifax data. Third parties may use a different VantageScore or a different type of credit score to assess your creditworthiness.
- Debit and Credit Card Registration.
- Online Identity Theft News Center and valuable phone and web resources.
For first time users, get your registration access code by contacting Member Services at (603) 889-2470 or (800) 276-2470. For questions directly related to IDProtect coverage, contact the IDProtect Benefits Service Center at 1-877-610-7889.
Special Insurance Program Notes: The descriptions herein are summaries only. They do not include all terms, conditions and exclusions of the policies described. Please refer to the actual policies for complete details of coverage and exclusions. Insurance is offered through the company named on the certificate of insurance. Refer to Guide to Benefit for complete details of coverage.
ELIGIBILITY: IDProtect service is a personal identity theft protection service available to personal checking account owners, their natural person joint account owners and their eligible family members (as defined below). The service is available to non-publicly traded businesses and their business owner(s) listed on the account and their eligible family members (service not available to employees or authorized signers who are not owners). For revocable grantor trusts, the service is available only when a grantor is serving as a trustee and covers the grantor trustee(s) and their eligible family members. For all other fiduciary accounts, the service covers the beneficiary, who must be the primary member, and the beneficiary’s eligible family members (Fiduciary is not covered). Service is not available to a ""signer"" on the account who is not an account owner. Service is not available to clubs, organizations and/or churches and their members, schools and their employees/students. Eligible Family Members include: Spouse, persons qualifying as domestic partner, and children under 25 years of age and parent(s) who are residents of the same household.
Insurance product is not a deposit; not NCUA insured; not an obligation of credit union; and not guaranteed by credit union or any affiliated entity.
Triangle Credit Union cannot assume any liability for not depositing these funds to a member account early.Credit File Monitoring from Experian and Transunion will take several days to begin following activation.