Affordable Summer Activities for College Students
Affordable Summer Activities for College StudentsComment
Once college students close the books on school for the year, they know they need a summer job or internship in order to curb summer boredom. While an aspect of having a summer job is earning money for fun-filled activities with friends, it’s always important to try to save some of that money for ones future. Despite it seemingly costing a pretty penny to have fun nowadays, there are cheaper alternatives out there! Check out this list of five ideas for less expensive possibilities.
- Geocaching – Ever heard of it? It’s basically a treasure hunt for adults. All you need to do is head to the Geocaching website, enter your zip code, and voila! You’re ready to get started. Just remember that once you find a treasure to document your experience!
- Local Music – Rather than pay for expensive tickets, support the local music in your community. Check out your coffee shops or music venues to see some great music for a relatively cheap price!
- Home Cooking – You know that dish you always get at your favorite restaurant because it’s the best thing that’s ever been cooked? Well, now’s your time to attempt to recreate it! Cooking at home instead of going out for food will save you money and also broaden your horizons in the kitchen. Sounds like a win-win situation! For example, here’s how to make all the dishes served at the Olive Garden.
- Hiking - Being active, outside and enjoying some glorious sights and sounds should be all you need to hear! For a great way to spend a summer day, check out local hikes and trails here in New Hampshire.
- Reading – Pick up a book instead of heading to the movies and spending money on a ticket and bag of popcorn! You can check out a book at your local library and peruse it at your own leisure. Best part of all, it’s not a textbook!