Better Checking Account
Triangle Credit Union's Better Checking Account means more security and benefits, such as IDProtect® Identity Theft Protection Service and Cell Phone ProtectionOpen Account
Better Checking Account
All the benefits of the Basic Checking Account, plus:
- IDProtect® Identity Theft Protection Service¹
Provides protection for you, joint account holders, your spouse, dependent children up to age 25 and parents living in the same household as the account owner, for any identity fraud event, financial or otherwise, anywhere in the world even if the event has nothing to do with your account at Triangle Credit Union.²
- Credit Monitoring
- 3-in-1 Credit Report
- TransUnion Credit Score
- Debit Card / Credit Card Registration
- Cellular Telephone Protection¹
As an eligible account holder, you receive up to $300 of Cellular Telephone Coverage to reimburse the cost of replacing or repairing your device. This valuable protection covers you whether you are at home or abroad.
- Up to 3 lines (carrier bill must be paid through your Better Checking account)
- File up to 2 claims per year
- All for $4.99 per month
Basic Checking Account
- Free Access to over 65,000 ATMs Nationwide within the Co-op Network
- Online Banking with Free Bill Pay
- Mobile Banking with Remote Deposit
- Debit on Demand Card Replacement
- Limited Check Writing to 10 Monthly, then $1.00 each thereafter (free unlimited for Better Checking)
- Overdraft Protection Transfers, $1.00 each (free for Better Checking) Regulation D limits apply
- Signature Guarantee, $25.00 (free for Better Checking)
- Plus, enroll in Direct Deposit and your ACH credit will be accessible up to two days early*.
If you have questions about how to join or open an account, read our blog post on Account Openings.
¹ Special Insurance Program Notes: The descriptions herein are summaries only. They do not include all terms, conditions, and exclusions of the policies described. Please refer to actual policies for complete details of coverage and exclusions. Insurance offered through the company named on the certificate of insurance. Refer to Guide to Benefit for complete description of coverage.
² ELIGIBILITY: IDProtect service is a personal identity theft protection service available to personal checking account owners, their natural person joint account owners and their eligible family members (as defined below). The service is available to non-publicly traded businesses and their business owner(s) listed on the account and their eligible family members (service not available to employees or authorized signers who are not owners). For revocable grantor trusts, the service is available only when a grantor is serving as a trustee and covers the grantor trustee(s) and their eligible family members. For all other fiduciary accounts, the service covers the beneficiary, who must be the primary member, and the beneficiary’s eligible family members (Fiduciary is not covered). Service is not available to a "signer" on the account who is not an account owner. Service is not available to clubs, organizations and/or churches and their members, schools and their employees/students.
Eligible Family Members include: Spouse, persons qualifying as domestic partner, and children under 25 years of age and parent(s) who are residents of the same household.
Insurance product is not a deposit; not NCUA insured; not an obligation of credit union; and not guaranteed by credit union or any affiliated entity.
*Triangle Credit Union cannot assume any liability for not depositing these funds to a member account early.